Executive Functions Skills CoachingImproving Executive Functions Skills
Through Academic Coaching
Rene Steffann, MA, develops individualized strategies and tools, which improve students'
executive functions skills and academic success. One-on-one sessions implement mentoring,
modeling, and support, which develop new approaches and improve skills to create habits
necessary for achievements at school and in life.
Does your child...
- Leave assignments until the last minute?
- Struggle to manage and break down long-term assignments?
- Forget materials at home and at school?
- Become easily distracted?
- Have difficulty initiating tasks?
- Become overwhelmed and anxious?
- Perform inconsistently?
These behaviors may indicate that your child could benefit from executive functions coaching.
Executive Functions Skills
Coaching can help your child improve Executive Function Skills which affect:
- Sustained attention
- Time management
- Task initiation
- Working memory
- Goal persistence
- Cognitive flexibility
- Response inhibition
Ways a Coach can help
An Executive Functions Learning Coach provides support in the following ways:
- Identifies executive functions that need strengthening and develops interventions.
- Models executive functions skills using relevant material
- Teaches students the practices of organization, time management and prioritizing.
- Helps manage homework and long term assignments.
- Provide guidance for creating goals and support to achieve them.
- Building habits through the use of tools and strategies.
- Teaches students to become aware of behavioral, emotional and cognitive control.
- Develops a relationship of ongoing support while cultivating self advocacy.